Date added: 07/08/2014 Latest Beta update for Starpoint Gemini 2 (PC) on Steam
Press Opportunity: Meet up with developers of Starpoint Gemini 2 at GamesCom 2014
Haarlem, The Netherlands –08 August 2014 – Developer Little Green Men Games announces another update for their upcoming space simulation title Starpoint Gemini 2 (PC) currently in Beta on Steam’s Early Access Program. The update includes small features requested by the community such as: 4 difficulty levels are now available (easy, normal, hard and extreme), more precise beam weapons have been added, range has been improved, graphic updates and much more.
Some update highlights are:
[*] Recently added nebulas received another optimization pass, but also a visual upgrade as well. Don't be frightened by the lightning flashes ;)
[*] Several fixes to the Workshop integration to comply with the latest Steam changes. Mods are now back to full operational status.
[*] Tweaks and additions made to NPC AI routines.
[*] Added the Energy redistribution shortcuts that were so often asked for by the community.
[*] All Skills and Perks are now fully functional.
[*] Collect blueprint pieces and assemble them into complete blueprints you can then use to purchase very special weapons, equipment and an android officer to serve on your ship.
[*] Reputation change system overhauled and completely opened up for modding.
Read the full change log for the v0.8000 update here.
New screenshots are released by publisher Iceberg Interactive and can be downloaded here.
About Starpoint Gemini 2
In this sequel to Starpoint Gemini, players will captain their own space ship and roam the galaxy in 3D in this tactical space simulator with tons of RPG depth! Space has never looked so inviting - but images can betray... It has been two years since the end of the second Gemini war, and the situation in the war-torn system is further from resolution than ever before.
• Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat.
• Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps.
• Use T-Gates, wormholes and rift ways to travel faster around the Gemini System .
• Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a power struggle, with over 100 commodities to trade or plunder.
• Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options.
• Hire mercenary captains to follow you on your travels and share your fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical).
• Random missions get generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances.
• Over 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with, amongst other things, visible turrets, and a large arsenal of heavy weapons to blast enemies to pieces.
• Direct ship controls create complete immersion.
• Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology
• Enables modding through Steam Workshop
About Little Green Men Games
LGM Games is a team of highly motivated and talented programmers, writers, 3D and 2D artists, and animators sharing the same passion for video games. LGM Games made their first appearance in the gaming industry in 2011 with their debut title Starpoint Gemini, a space-flavored RPG sim.
Play it cool!
Date added: 31/07/2014 Tripwire & Iceberg team up for Killing Floor 2
Bringing Killing Floor 2 to European Retail Stores and Various Digital Platforms
Haarlem, The Netherlands – 31 July 2014- Publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer Tripwire Interactive announce today that they are continuing their 5 year co-operation, with the signing of Tripwire’s upcoming blockbuster Killing Floor 2.
Complementary to Tripwire having always self-published on Steam, Iceberg has been an ongoing partner for distribution of many Tripwire titles over the years both in European retail and on other digital platforms, including hits such as Killing Floor, Red Orchestra and Rising Storm. The partnership will now include Tripwire’s next big project Killing Floor 2, the sequel to the multi-million seller original.
Erik Schreuder, CEO of Iceberg Interactive, says, “I have to admit I have logged a crazy amount of hours of Killing Floor over the years myself and am over the moon that Iceberg now has the opportunity to distribute the sequel. We have always been fans of Tripwire’s ability to create well thought-out, addictive, balanced games that enjoy years of continued developer support and have very high expectations for Killing Floor 2. To be frank, we can’t wait. “
Various screenshots and trailers have already been released, however you can get your hands on a comprehensive asset collection available here.
More information about Killing Floor 2 can be found here: www.killingfloor2.com
Story of Killing Floor 2
In KILLING FLOOR 2 players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union. Just one month after the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.
Not all have given up hope though... A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.
• Visceral Gore – KILLING FLOOR 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb.
• 6 player co-op or solo play— A multitude of varied playable characters await for players to choose from as they enter the fray in online co-op mode or solo mode for those willing to brave the horrific specimens alone.
• Terrifying Zeds – New enemies and fan favorites from the original game are back with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence, dishing out powerful attacks, working as a group to weaken the player’s party and pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels.
• Unique Blend Of Weaponry – From modern militaristic assault rifles, brutal improvised makeshift weapons, classic historical guns, and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons, KILLING FLOOR 2 has a unique blend of killing tools that will satisfy any gamer.
• Expanded Perk System – Perks from the original game have been reimagined with more added to the fold. All perks now progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones.
• Brutal Melee Combat – KILLING FLOOR 2 reinvents melee combat completely. Players now have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform, enabling them to deliver bone-breaking crippling attacks to Zeds.
About Tripwire Interactive
Based in Roswell, Georgia, Tripwire Interactive is an entertainment software developer and publisher founded in 2005 by the award-winning mod team and winners of the 2004 edition of the “$1,000,000 Make Something Unreal” competition. Based in Roswell, Georgia the team released Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, to both critical and commercial success, garnering several awards including "Multiplayer Game of the Year" and "FPS of the Year". This was followed by the immensely popular Killing Floor, which went straight to the top of the best-seller list on Steam and has now sold over 2m units, making it one of the best-selling PC games of all time. Red Orchestra 2 was released in September 2011, to high praise and PC Gamer's award for "FPS of the Year (Multiplayer)" followed by Rising Storm in May 2013 ("one of the best military FPS games I’ve played" - IGN) which won PC Gamer's 2013 Multiplayer Game of the Year. Along with publishing other Indie titles, Tripwire Interactive continues to build a reputation for strong support for all their titles over a prolonged period of time. For more information visit Tripwire Interactive's website at www.tripwireinteractive.com.
Play it cool!