Date added: 07/10/2015 Space strategy title ‘CERES’ to debut on Steam, October 16th, 2015
Get a first glimpse of CERES with the all new trailer
Haarlem, The Netherlands – 07 October 2015 – Publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer Jötunn Games announce the official release date of their tactical space strategy game ‘Ceres’ (PC/Mac/Linux). The game is set to launch on Steam and other digital platforms Friday, October 16th 2015. Retail boxed versions will be available to purchase in various European stores by the end of the month.
Ceres is a single-player tactical space combat game, focusing on ship customization and fast, hectic combat, and is the debut title of Icelandic studio Jötunn Games. The Coming Soon page for Ceres is now live on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/351300.
Tryggvi Hákonarson of Jötunn Games says: “Ceres has been in development for the last 3 years, and with the help of Iceberg Interactive, we have been able to raise the quality bar immensely and create a fantastic, fun experience. I've spent more time than I like to admit tinkering with the ships systems, fighting pirates and completing missions, and now it is your turn! Skál!”
Download the press kit containing screenshots, the official logo and the trailer HERE.
For more information on Ceres, please visit the official website www.ceresthegame.com or Facebook page http://facebook.com/pages/CERES-Cyber-tactical-Space-Warfare/219399631537839
About the game
The solar system is ravaged. The Earth is gone, shattered to pieces. Nothing remains but a huge ring of rocky debris. Nobody knows why the Gate malfunctioned. It was built to connect our world to other stars, but only a handful of colony ships were sent away before disaster struck. The Gate is believed to have unexpectedly connected to the wrong star -one just going nova. Torrents of gravitational waves flooded our solar system and the Earth was immediately obliterated. The Gate then started connecting to random stars, spewing ashes from dying worlds, radiation from younger suns or even drawing in alien lifeforms. The solar system began to change.
Humans and their machines live on: pockets of civilization have gathered into warring factions. Many adventurers roam the cold wastes in their spaceships, defying death and perils unknown -there are countless tales of monstrous machines and alien creatures preying on hapless ships. Real menaces or mere fantasies ? Who can now part the myth from the ever-changing reality?
In a world where humans, monsters and machine-gods fight for survival, something will eventually have to give. You play the role of a young adventurer, who just got his hands on his first spaceship, and is determined to make a name for himself. A routine scouting mission turns out to be something much greater when you encounter an A.I. called Ceres.
• Single-player tactical space combat.
• Lead a squadron of ships and fight through a mission-drive storyline the way you see fit.
• Third person view and simple yet deep point-and-click order system.
• Your ships not only unleash deadly lasers or missiles, but it is possible to launch hacking attacks to damage or even take control of enemy ships !
• Manage your set of skills as you gain experience. Special perks also appear when you perform well.
• Hire captains and crews for your squadron’s ships. Watch them gain experience as they fight by your side.
• Heavily customize your ships with equipment or weapons of different origins. Modify ship’s modules, armor, weapons, sensors or counter-measures.
• Dozens of ship types which can be acquired and commanded, from the smallest corvette to the mightiest battleship.
• Advanced damage system: ships can suffer critical and system failures in combat.
• Loot anything that floats in space, trade items around the solar system to gain extra income, or salvage wrecked ships and even capture hostile vessels with boarding drones.
About Jötunn Games
Jötunn Games is an indie game company founded in March 2013. Jötunn games strives to create fun and immersive games primarily for the PC market. Ceres, the tactical space combat game is the studio’s debut title.
Play it cool!
Date added: 26/09/2015 Starpoint Gemini 2 celebrates 1-year anniversary
New DLC announced
Haarlem, The Netherlands, 25-9-2015 - This weekend, publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer Little Green Men Games celebrated the 1-year anniversary of the launch of Starpoint Gemini 2 on Steam. Demonstrating continued support for the game the developer released a new patch this week, with tweaks and optimizations.
There is further exciting news regarding the highly successful space sim franchise, with the announcement of new DLC for November 2015 (named ‘Titans’), as well as the message that the strategy-oriented sequel Starpoint Gemini Warlords is still on course for a Steam Early Access entry during Q4-2015.
Read the full change log for the update HERE.
Little Green Men Games is offering a fresh set of screenshots for both Titans and Warlords HERE.
More news and information about the game can be found on its official website: http://starpointgemini.com/
About Starpoint Gemini 2:
• Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat.
• Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps.
• Use T-Gates, wormholes and rift ways to travel faster around the Gemini System .
• Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a power struggle, with over 100 commodities to trade or plunder.
• Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options.
• Hire mercenary captains to follow you on your travels and share your fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical).
• Random missions get generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances.
• Over 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with, amongst other things, visible turrets, and a large arsenal of heavy weapons to blast enemies to pieces.
• Direct ship controls create complete immersion.
• Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology.
• Enables modding through Steam Workshop.
About Starpoint Gemini 2 Titans DLC:
• 3 new Titan class ships and 3 new chain-quests.
• Choose and help one of the three major factions finish their Titan and fight other Titans.
• A new set of hero characters to hunt down.
About Starpoint Gemini Warlords:
• Headquarters. Construct and upgrade your own personal space station; a massive structure that enables you to conduct research, build ships, assemble autonomous fleets and much more.
• Conquer Territory. Gradually expand your reign over unclaimed territory, by battling minor factions, or conquer the entire Gemini sector, by facing off against familiar strong Gemini foes, familiar from the previous Starpoint Gemini titles. Reinforce conquered regions to defend themselves.
• Conduct Research on simple weapon enhancements, obtain the expertise to construct a titan class behemoth, or boost the effectiveness of your non-combat fleets. Equipment, ship systems, enhancements and ships can still be bought, but he best ‘stuff’ can only be researched, constructed and improved in your HQ.
• Construction and research demand the allocation of resources. Gather them by conducting missions for other factions, trade or purchase resources, or conquer regions providing a steady flow of resources, and bonuses.
• A far larger game world will allow more distinction between ship sizes, pockets of empty space to travel through and your own giant space HQ where ships can be ‘parked’.
• Skill classes, attributed skills and perk progression will be revamped and rebalanced, as will levelling-up, the reputation system and diplomacy.
• Storyline vs Free-roam: The campaign storyline will be blended in with the more generic conquer quests. Free-roam mode strips all main storyline missions, but leaves side quests and generic freelance missions intact.
• A full branching dialogue scheme, the industry standard in modern RPGs.
• Technical additions include: x64 system only, projection mapping, deferred shading, physically based rendering and realistic physics.
About Little Green Men Games
LGM Games is a growing team of highly motivated and talented programmers, writers, 3D and 2D artists and animators, all sharing the same passion for video games. Our mission is to create new worlds and adventures, with players - for players. LGM Games stands behind the successful Starpoint Gemini series, from our debut title in 2011 to the 2014 sequel, along with countless expansions. LGM’s vision of space-flavored RPG simulation games continues to evolve and grow, with many more exciting elements to be revealed in the future.
Play it cool!