Date added: 26/02/2015 Turn-Based 4x Space Strategy Title StarDrive 2 to Debut on Steam April 9th, 2015
Haarlem, The Netherlands – February 25th, 2015 – Portland based developer Zero Sum Games announces that the eagerly anticipated sequel to their massive debut title STARDRIVE is now feature complete and has reached the final stages of its development. Turn-based 4x space strategy title StarDrive 2 (PC, Mac and Linux) has gone through extensive Quality Assurance, the remaining time will be dedicated to bug-fixing, polish and incorporating various Steam features. Publisher Iceberg Interactive has the game slotted for an April 9th 2015 release on Steam and various other digital platforms, with a boxed retail version to follow soon after. StarDrive 2 will be available at $29.99.
“We are really looking forward to bringing a modern twist to the 4x games of old, to strategy gamers in the very near future. The Unity engine really makes this game shine and it offers everything a 4x gamer is looking for”, says Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder.
New StarDrive 2 screenshots are available HERE.
About StarDrive 2
StarDrive 2 is a Turn-Based 4x Strategy game where the goal is to build an empire to span the stars. In StarDrive 2 you will explore a vibrant galaxy filled with danger and intrigue in a deep turn-based strategy layer. You will design custom spaceships and deploy them into real-time battles with spectacular graphics and effects. You’ll hire heroes to lead your forces as you conquer worlds, in turn-based tactical ground combat mode. StarDrive 2 is the 4x game that fans have been waiting years for.
• Explore the galaxy, Expand your empire, Exploit the resources you find, and Exterminate your foes in a turn-based strategy layer, a real-time ship combat layer, and a turn-based tactical ground combat layer.
• Design custom spaceships with hundreds of different ship modules to choose from. Create lumbering assault ships laden with weapons and armour, nimble point defence frigates, long-range cruisers and massive battleships filled with fighter bays.
• Find and hire the many heroes in the game, and use them to explore the vast stories and intrigues hidden throughout the galaxy.
• Encounter aliens, pirates, monsters, and ancient threats, most of whom will want to kill you, to benefit their own empires.
• Play the special "Battle Arena" mode where you can get right to the action by designing ships and playing through story-based campaigns with your fleet. Earn money as you work through the challenges to unlock new ships and weapons.
• Customize your race for a unique experience, engage in deep diplomatic negotiations, research hundreds of different technologies (or maybe steal them with your spies), control strategic resources for the benefit of your empire, enslave enemy citizens, build armies of giant mechs, and so much more.
About Zero Sum Games
Zero Sum Games is based in Portland, Oregon, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest region of the United States. We are an independent studio with a small and dedicated team possessing a broad and diverse set of skills. Our mission is to deliver hardcore PC games to gamers looking for depth and challenge without sacrificing aesthetics.
Play it cool!
Date added: 24/02/2015 Vector Thrust Reaches New Heights With The Early Access BETA Launch
Last Call to All Gamers: Join Vector Thrust’s Early Access and Help Shape the Final Game!
Haarlem, The Netherlands – 24 February 2015 – Having launched their arcade flight combat game Vector Thrust on Steam Early Access in August 2014, publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer TimeSymmetry are excited to announce that the game has now reached Beta status. With a growing community, positive user reviews, unique cel shaded art style and intuitive controls, Vector Thrust is a blast from the past for those with fond memories of the popular 90’s console flight combat games.
With Beta status, Vector Thrust introduces more features, more aircraft, more weapons and 50 missions, and is well on its way to leaving Early Access in Q2-2015. Having reached Beta status also means the game will now continue Early Access with a $19.99 price tag.
Major additions from Alpha to Beta:
• 20 new playable aircraft
• Lots of new weapons
• New boss units
• Over 50 new missions
• New visual effects
• Several new maps
See the full list of this major update via the Steam Community Hub HERE.
TimeSymmetry’s Cláudio Rodrigues says: “I am very excited to see Vector Thrust reach the final stage of development as we are now officially entering Beta. I hope all players will enjoy this new Beta build with many new additions and I’m looking forward to revealing even more surprises along the way.”
A new batch of screenshots has been created by developer TimeSymmetry showing the all new features. Download the full batch of screenshots here.
Developer TimeSymmetry welcomes players old and new to the Early Access Beta version of Vector Thrust, to provide more feedback and ideas.
More info about Vector Thrust can be found on the official Steam page http://store.steampowered.com/app/242130 or check for the latest news www.iceberg-games.com
About Vector Thrust
Vector Thrust is a fast-paced action-arcade flight simulator with a unique cel shaded art style for PC. With an extensive variety of game modes like the unpredictable and vicious Quick Action, a customizable Skirmish Mode, and multiple immersive story-based campaigns, Vector Thrust aims to please both players wanting to get straight into the sky and those who love a flexible, diverse and customizable gaming experience.
Vector Thrust gives the player full power to alter any aspect of the game they choose, ranging from simple tweaks to full-blown modifications. Adding user-made skins, changing unit performance and parameters or even complete battle scenarios is easy and open to anyone. With fully fleshed out Map, Mission and Campaign editors, Vector Thrust boasts unlimited expandability and adaptability.
With advanced tactical AI that actively analyses and responds to a dynamic battlefield, as well as over 250+ fully playable aircraft (through various iterations of over 40 aircraft models) and even more naval and ground units that all work to complete their objectives in different ways, Vector Thrust offers missions that are never played the same way twice.
• Stay engaged from dawn until dusk and beyond with multiple game modes.
• Keep coming back for more with multiple missions via a series of campaigns.
• Unlock over 250 aircraft through a simple yet competitive Challenge Mode.
• Pit yourself against advanced tactical AI that responds to the world around it.
• Clash against titanic aerial fortresses and super weapons.
• Duel with a myriad of Ace fighter squadrons, each with their own unique combat strategies.
• Modify your game with easy, simple modding tools and share your creations with others.
TimeSymmetry is an independent game development studio based in Braga, Portugal. The company was founded in 2011 by Cláudio Rodrigues. Currently he is a one-man team and focuses on a small quantity of high-quality PC games.
Play it Cool!