Date added: 17/04/2014 Brand new video released for 4th Endless Legend faction “The Necrophages
Endless Legend edges closer to an Early Access launch on Steam
Haarlem, The Netherlands - April 17, 2014 – Paris, France developer Amplitude Studios is currently at full-steam ahead, prepping its 4x fantasy strategy title Endless Legend (PC/Mac) for a Steam Early Access launch and hopes to bring the alpha to its devoted community within weeks. For now, fans can satisfy their craving for all things Endless with the fourth faction reveal: ‘The Necrophages’.
The ‘Necrophages’ art package introduces new Endless Legend artwork and screenshots. It includes a cool faction card and incorporates an introduction video. You can download the full package here.
About The Necrophages
“The Necrophages are a scuttling monstrosity polluting the surface Auriga; an insectoid menace that should be crushed under one's heel like the mutated cockroaches that they are.
Or so the Vaulters, the Wild Walkers, the Broken Lords, and every other nation on the planet would have one believe. Naturally, the Necrophages themselves don't share this view -- in fact, they hold very few views other than fight, feed, and propagate. The Necrophages have found a niche in the environment that suits them very well: They win by numbers; by elevating the colony over the individual; by constant warfare.
Something between a hive insect and an undead horde, they reproduce by laying eggs in the bodies of fallen enemies. Occasionally the offspring even inherits elements of the host's DNA, accelerating their process of change and adaptation. Emotionless, relentless, and driven by their biology, the Necrophages do not waste time with diplomacy and commerce.”
Visit the official Amplitude website to keep up with all the latest Endless Legend news: http://g2g.amplitude-studios.com/Games/Endless-Legend
Story of Endless Legend:
Another sunrise, another day of toil. Food must be grown, industries built, science and magic advanced, and wealth collected. Urgency drives these simple efforts, however, for your planet holds a history of unexplained apocalypse, and the winter you just survived was the worst on record. A fact that has also been true for the previous five.
As you discover the lost secrets of your world and the mysteries of the legends and ruins that exist as much in reality as in rumour, you will come to see that you are not alone. Other peoples also struggle to survive, to grow, and perhaps even to conquer.
You have a city, a loyal populace, and a few troops; your power and magic should be sufficient to keep them alive. But beyond that, nothing is certain… Where will you go, what will you find, and how will you react? Will your trail be one of roses, or of blood?
Explore fantastic lands.
• Lead one of eight civilizations each with a unique gameplay style and storyline.
• Survive through cold dark seasons that drive Auriga to its end. Will it also be yours?
• Experience an endless replayability with randomly generated worlds and quests.
• Set the size, shape, topography and more... to create your own world to discover.
Expand beyond the unknown.
• Conquer, build and develop villages into feared fortresses or wonderful cities.
• Assimilate powerful minor factions and use their special traits and units wisely.
• Hire, equip and train your heroes to become army leaders or city governors.
• Raise your civilization by finding mysterious artefacts and forgotten technologies.
Exploit every opportunity.
• Evolve your civilization through the discovery of new advanced technologies.
• Collect Dust, luxuries and strategic resources tradable on the marketplace.
• Keep one step ahead of other civilizations through trade and subtle diplomacy.
• Choose from different victory conditions and adapt your strategy on the fly.
Exterminate fools who defy you.
• Experience an innovative dynamic simultaneous turn-based battle system.
• Use unit equipment, abilities and the terrain to overcome your opponents.
• Zoom out of a battle and rule the other aspects of your empire seamlessly.
• Define your custom civilizations and confront those created by your friends.
About Amplitude Studios
Amplitude Studios is an independent gathering of experienced video game lovers (and developers) with a single goal: create the best strategy games! Based in Paris, the studio boasts an international team that has worked all over the world. Developer credits include franchises such as Battlefield, Rayman, XIII, R.U.S.E., Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Call of Juarez, Might & Magic Heroes, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes, and others. Working closely for years with communities of players to share, discuss or compare ideas, the whole team has the dream of bringing the idea of GAMES2GETHER one step further. Help us accomplish our goal to bring a brand new way for players around the world to participate in the creation of a video game! Read more at http://www.amplitude-studios.com.
Play it Cool!
Date added: 15/04/2014 ‘4x’ strategy game Horizon: Update, Screens and Discount
Haarlem - The Netherlands, 15 April 2014 – Developer L3O Interactive released a free Update for its classic 4x strategy game Horizon (PC), which launched on Steam early February 2014. The Update is designed to make gameplay more challenging, including a number of improvements and tweaks, and also incorporates changes suggested by Horizon’s own community.
Important update notes:
• UPDATED: Improved fleet managing A.I. for attacks, or rallying to defend a system.
• UPDATED: Rebalanced economy and race relations.
• UPDATED: Improved UI .
• ADDED: French language now supported.
• ADDED: A new refit system is added to more easily change the design of existing ships.
• ADDED: New UI icons added making it easier to distinguish surveyed planets.
For the complete list of changes please visit the official Steam community hub here.
Four new screenshots have been made available for Horizon. Download the full pack here.
The Update coincides with today’s new Weeklong deal on Steam, offering the game at a 33% discount. Get your own copy of Horizon on Steam here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/236130/
Horizon is a turn-based space strategy game of galactic exploration and conquest in which you are in control of humanity’s destiny.
You will explore deep space, find new frontiers and discover the alien artefacts hidden in long-abandoned planets. You will also learn more about the galaxy as you come into contact with ten other species, each with their own unique culture, history and schemes.
A fully interactive galaxy allows you to navigate open space between stars and planets. Patrol your borders and, when the need arises, defend your territory by engaging in ship to ship tactical combat. Develop new colonies and then watch them become galactic centers for trade, industry and science – and of course military bases, outposts and shipyards to build your battle ships. Push your empire to its limits and go beyond the know horizon!
• Advanced turn-based tactical combat which many 4X fans have been requesting for years
• Full Tactical ship control includes managing movement, weapons and more. Board other ships, attack from planetary and orbital defences
• A Distinct open world system, where ships can explore without artificial limits and where combat can span many turns before concluding
• Interact with alien races of different levels, including ancient civilizations featuring their own unique storyline, schemes, ships and technology
• An immersive galaxy storyline with open-ended missions that add another layer of gameplay over classic 4x mode which is also available
• Engage in meaningful diplomacy choices that will impact the game outcome, includes coordinated actions with your allies against your enemies
• Discover more than 80 technologies each with 10 levels of upgrades. Conduct planetary surveys and dig for artifacts
• Design and customize your ships’ weapons and systems based on available technology
• A detailed economy and colony management system with different types and levels of colonies based on your build choices
• Play in different galaxy configurations from a few dozen stars to over a hundred star systems containing more than a thousand planets
About L3O Interactive
L3O Interactive (http://www.l30.com) is a Canadian independent video game developer located in Toronto, Ontario. L3O was founded on the principle to make classic hardcore games with innovative and more immersive gameplay elements. The studio is currently focused on completing their first commercial project Horizon, a grand space 4X game which strives to bring a new experience to strategy and sci-fi gamers!
Play it Cool!