Date added: 16/04/2015 Become Supreme Ruler of Ancient China in Oriental Empires (PC)
Iceberg Interactive to Publish 4x Strategy Game Oriental Empires, Coming to Steam Early Access Mid-2015.
Haarlem, The Netherlands – April 16th, 2015 – Publisher Iceberg Interactive is excited to announce that they have signed a worldwide publishing deal for the epic 4x strategy game Oriental Empires (PC). The game is currently set for a Summer 2015 Early Access debut on the Steam Platform.
Development of Oriental Empires is being led by R.T. Smith and John Carline, two veteran strategy game developers with more than 30 years’ experience between them. Previously they worked together on the Total War series of games, in roles including Project Director and Lead Artist, and have credits on many other AAA titles from studios including Crystal Dynamics, Pandemic, Frontier Developments, and Slightly Mad Studios.
Oriental Empires is a turn based 4X style civilization-building game set in ancient China. It will feature both single player campaigns as well as a multiplayer mode. Oriental Empires covers the period from earliest recorded history, until the widespread adoption of firearms (roughly 1500 BC to 1500 AD) and aims to realistically depict the world of ancient China, with a focus on the unique aspects of that civilization. This extremely deep strategy game includes both an historic scenario on a realistic period map of China, and skirmish-style scenarios on random or user generated maps.
“We are extremely pleased to be involved in the upcoming release of Oriental Empires; it really is such a beautiful, deep and elaborate game that we can’t possibly list all of its intriguing features in one press release. There are also many detailed future plans for DLC, user generated content and other additions, so this game is going to be around for a long, long time. Gamers can rejoice and get their first taste of a very complex and compelling strategy game come the Early Access release this Summer. If you love strategy games, you can't afford to miss out on this one!”, says Erik Schreuder, CEO at Iceberg Interactive.
"We are delighted to be working with Iceberg Interactive, and very excited to finally announce our project Oriental Empires, which we have been quietly developing for some time", says R.T. Smith speaking on behalf of the developers.
An assets pack with beautiful first screenshots has been released, showing some very first images of the game. Download the full pack HERE.
Keep up with all the latest news regarding Oriental Empires check Iceberg Interactive’s official website www.iceberg-games.com.
About Oriental Empires
Step into the world of the ancient Orient. Control a city or tribe from the dawn of Chinese history, and turn it into a great empire. Develop your land, create great cities, raise huge armies and fight epic wars. Advance your technology, culture and religion to create one of mankind’s great civilizations. All the action takes place on one spectacular game map that brings to life the mountains, forests, plains and deserts of China. Zoom in close to review your troops and see your peasants toiling, or zoom out for a strategic overview. Plan your battles, end your turn, and then watch as your armies obey your orders, with hundreds of soldiers battling right on the game map.
• Start out as a single nation or tribe, starting from humble beginnings with a single settlement and expand your empire and develop your culture with the aim of becoming the universally recognized Son of Heaven and ruler of the world.
• Persuade the other factions to recognize you as such by either military force, or by diplomatic persuasion.
• Play as one of 16 different factions each with their own special bonuses or penalties.
• Vast beautifully rendered map featuring an attractive and authentic depiction of the landscape of China and Mongolia.
• Large scale battles with hundreds or thousands of soldiers, depicted in detail right on the game map. Watch skilled armies and reinforcements go to battle, according to the battle orders and formations set by the player.
• Fully animated 3D models, with variations in face and clothing for each model, including infantry, cavalry, chariot and artillery units, as well as naval forces.
• Long seamless zoom range lets you step right into the game world or zoom out for a strategic overview.
• Develop your settlements by constructing buildings and developing the landscape around them, build markets and ports to enable trade by land and water.
• Elaborate research tree including technology as well as cultural, philosophical and religious developments.
• Many other elements will determine the outcome of you quest for dominance such as Leaders, Sieges, Unrest and Rebellion, and Authority and Culture ratings.
• As Emperor, set edicts, laws and decrees to balance power and move into a glorious new Era, with new technologies and military units that change the game!
Play it cool!
Date added: 09/04/2015 StarDrive 2 Blasts Into HyperDrive And Onto Steam Today
Iceberg's Hotly Anticipated Sequel Offers Deep Ship Customization, Full Space and Ground Battles, and More
Haarlem, The Netherlands – April 9, 2015 – Zero Sum Games and Iceberg Interactive are proud to announce today that the all new 4X space strategy game StarDrive 2 is available later today on Steam. In StarDrive 2, players will reach into the unexplored regions of space fully loaded with options to engage in massive real-time space combat or enter into the all new ground combat, partner with friendly factions, research new technologies, design new ships, and much more. Built on the Unity Engine, StarDrive 2 is highlighted by its impressive new levels of graphic polish and detail, streamlined interfaces, and intense, sophisticated 4X gameplay.
Download the StarDrive 2 trailers and new screenshots here.
StarDrive 2 is a turn-based 4X strategy that builds on the premise of the popular original game, StarDrive, with the goal of building an empire to span the stars. Players will explore a vibrant galaxy filled with danger and intrigue in a deep turn-based strategy layer. Fans will design custom spaceships and deploy them into real-time battles with spectacular graphics and effects, and they’ll hire heroes to conquer alien civilizations in turn-based tactical ground-combat mode. StarDrive 2 is the 4X game that fans have been waiting years for.
“Creating StarDrive 2 on the Unity engine has been a rich, rewarding experience, and now that it’s complete, I am totally excited for fans of the franchise and 4X genre to dive in,” said Daniel DiCicco, Zero Sum Games. “There is so much more here that 4X gamers will enjoy: The ship design offers a better, faster interface, the ground battles add diversity, new alien races add complexity, and the Unity Engine shines in the background all the while.”
StarDrive 2 Gameplay Features:
• Turn-based, Real-time: Players build a space empire in a turn-based environment, but experience battles in real-time.
• Nine Alien Races: Experience a multitude of pirate factions, handle interspecies relations, conduct diplomacy and espionage, and make alien friends or enemies.
• Ship Design: Build ships in the Custom Ship Design Mode and take them into real-time battles featuring stunning visuals and sound effects.
• Heroes: Gamers can hire unique heroes to govern their worlds or to command their mighty fleets in battle.
• Expansive Universe and Lore: Populate the universe and colonize planets, moons, asteroid belts, gas giants and more, and discover the extensive, unique lore by encountering dozens of anomalies, heroes, and galactic mysteries that will ensure no two games will ever play the same.
• High Tech: Gamers can research hundreds of technologies, including technologies that are unique to their race, and unlock even more through in-game events and galactic exploration.
• Battle Arena Mode: Enter Battle Arena mode for quick-fix battles against cunning AI opponents.
• Unity Built: Created on the Unity engine for simultaneous release on PC, Mac and Linux.
• Full Steam Support: Includes Steam features such as Trading Cards, Achievements and Steam Workshop, enabling modders to create and share their own in-game heroes, events, Battle Arena campaigns, ship modules, weapons, sound effects, and more.
StarDrive 2 is available on Steam later today in two versions, the Classic Version for $29.99 and the special Digital Deluxe version for $34.99, incorporating a Digital Artbook, Paint Job Pack, Design Journal and a specially created Soundtrack. http://store.steampowered.com/app/252450/
About Zero Sum Games
Zero Sum Games is based in Portland, Oregon, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest region of the United States. We are an independent studio with a small and dedicated team possessing a broad and diverse set of skills. Our mission is to deliver hardcore PC games to gamers looking for depth and challenge without sacrificing aesthetics.
Play it Cool!