Date added: 28/02/2014 ‘Star Lords’ receives new Alpha update on Steam Early Access
New screenshots accompany updated 4x game in the making.
Haarlem, The Netherlands – February 28th 2014- Development of Iceberg Interactive’s upcoming 4x space strategy game gathers pace, as Star Lords gets a big new update from developer Arkavi Studios. This new update will give the player various new features to try, including a new game creation screen, as well as fixing some stability issues, improving general balancing and much more.
New additions to the 16.0 updated build include:
• A new game creation screen: You now have a single menu with three tabs: Race Selection, Galaxy Settings and Game Settings. Each of these tabs has been greatly improved from the previous menus, with less cluttered and better organized information.
• Stability improvement: We implemented a series of experimental fixes that should fix most (if not all) stability issues. Regretfully, some of these experimental fixes involve temporarily removing the weapon and armor ship parts from the game. These will be reinstated in a later build. It's very important for us to know if these fixes are working on a variety of PC configurations, so any feedback on whether or not the game still crashes for you is very important for us.
• The domestic policies mechanic has been fleshed out and further balanced, with various random events having an impact on the population's approval of certain policies. Now, an event message box will pop up when the majority of the population disagrees with one of your policies.
• A new batch of bug fixes: among them, most (if not all) of the full-screen issues (such as the screen only displaying a part of the UI for example) should be fixed, the tutorial text is no longer out of bounds and the crashes on loading a game should be gone once and for all.
• Some general balancing has been done, most importantly, every player now starts with 5000 BC, to make the early game more challenging, and exploration more rewarding, with valuable space debris having a bigger impact than before.
• Graphical Update: Improved backgrounds and updated the ship models for the Krifith Empire. More improvements in this aspect will be introduced incrementally.
In Star Lords you take command of one race to join the struggle for supremacy in the galaxy. As the leader of your empire you are tasked with exploring the stars, colonizing new worlds, managing your empire and conquering whoever dares to oppose you. Within a framework of turn-based strategy and turn-based combat, Star Lords endeavours to differentiate itself by allowing players to beat their opponents by using Generals, diplomacy, intelligence, trading, or plotting the downfall of enemies by financing wars against them or aiming to cause anarchy.
• 8 major races each with their own ship designs, technologies, unique traits and unique abilities, meaning playing with each race is a different challenge and offers new ways to approach the game.
• Big, living universe: In addition to the major powers, independent races and pirate clans also claim the galaxy as their residence; their existence can be an annoyance, or a blessing if you can take advantage of them.
• Deep economic and political layer: War isn’t the only way to weaken your rivals. Diplomacy, intelligence and trade can be one of many powerful tools that, if used properly, can be very effective as well.
• Tactical turn-based combat.
• Create and customize your own ship designs.
• Generals: These unique and powerful units evolve as they battle and if used well can be the difference between defeat and victory.
• Randomly generated universe, tech tree and units: You will never play the same game twice.
• Empire shattering: Unrest might lead rebels to start a civil war which in turn might lead to the creation of a new, independent empire that might grow to rival your own.
• Plotting: Secretly finance a war against your rivals in order to weaken them or prepare a surprise joint war along with your allies in a bid to destroy that frighteningly fast growing empire.
• Human-like AI that doesn’t cheat and plays by the same rules as human players, while presenting a constant challenge. Or play with your friends in hotseat mode
ABOUT ARKAVI STUDIOS
Arkavi Studios is an independent game development company, founded in 2013 in Leiria, Portugal. We are really passionate about what we do, putting our heart and soul into every game we make, and making the games we would like to play.
Play it cool!
Date added: 27/02/2014 Iceberg reveals advanced alpha update for Starpoint Gemini 2
Create-a-Hero Contest Winner Will Be Featured in Game
Haarlem, The Netherlands – February 27, 2014 – Iceberg Interactive announced today the release of a big update for the advanced alpha version of Starpoint Gemini 2. From local security ships checking for contraband, to the addition of a Skill and Perk respect panel, and new on-ship changing boarding mechanics, this significant update injects new layers of energy, depth, and variation to Little Green Men Games’ open-world 3D space simulation.
Download the all new screenshots from the Starpoint Gemini 2’s advanced alpha HERE.
Starpoint Gemini 2 Advanced Alpha Update Features:
· Graphic and gameplay anomalies redesigned and updated
· Local security ships now check passing ships for illegal goods including the player, and will demand that the ship jettisons the cargo if contraband is found
· Skill & Perk respect panel has been added to stations, so players can test out different skill setups. Skill & Perk points can be reset for a price
· Boarding mechanics have been updated with various random micro-events that can fire off, to change the course of on-ship battles
· Ships “drop” derelicts more frequently when exploding and all ships now have proper derelict models
Full log can be found here.
In addition to the alpha update, Little Green Men Games has launched a user-generated Hero Contest, where players create their own character that they would like to see implemented into the game. The character with the most community votes will win. The contest begins today and will run for two weeks, ending on Friday, March 14. Check out the contest and enter your very own hero here: www.starpointgemini.com/contests/hero/votingPage/index.php
Starpoint Gemini 2 is an open-world 3D space simulation game that provides powerful RPG mechanics with the frenzy of space combat and will feature full implementation of Oculus Rift at launch. Starpoint Gemini 2 is currently in Alpha on Steam’s Early Access program and is available for $22.99, store.steampowered.com/app/236150/. Starpoint Gemini 2 is slated for full release on Steam this Spring.
About Little Green Men Games
LGM Games is a team of highly motivated and talented programmers, writers, 3D and 2D artists, and animators sharing the same passion for video games. LGM Games made their first appearance in the gaming industry in 2011 with their debut title Starpoint Gemini, a space-flavored RPG sim.
Play it Cool!
Date added: 26/02/2014 Endless Legend (PC) starts to reveal its secrets with Faction announcements
Brand new Trailer and Artpack released for “The Vaulters”
Haarlem, The Netherlands, February 26th, 2014 - From the creators of the awarded 4x space strategy hit Endless Space (2012), Endless Legend (PC), a 4x fantasy strategy game currently under development by Amplitude Studios and to be published by Iceberg Interactive. Endless Legend offers a brand new twist on the "Endless"lore with a focus on a single planet and the fantastic factions that populate it: Auriga, a world entering a new era recovering from an epic cataclysm.
In a series of upcoming faction introductions, Amplitude Studios starts off today with ‘The Vaulters’. The Vaulters’ are the most sci-fi like faction of Endless Legend. They have been a part of Amplitude’s other games Endless Space and Dungeon of the Endless and will now also star in Endless Legend.
About The Vaulters
“It is a time of change for the Vaulters.
For countless generations they lived as loosely-federated clans in the vast underground labyrinths that riddle Auriga. Their skills in mining and crafting made them comfortable, and their study of ancient artifacts slowly unlocked the secrets of their world's past. Though their origins were lost in legends and myth, they had found peace and prosperity in the deep places of the planet.
Suddenly, now, the Vaulters have been forced to abandon those ancient halls. The Great Quake broke walls and ruined roads and bridges; as their towns crumbled around them they fled to the surface. Some turn for answers to the priests in the Church of the Great Orrery, others look to their leader, Szabad Ilona, First of the Bloodline. For a people deeply bound by tradition and unused to change, the surface of Auriga is a frightening place.
Torn between the secrets of the planet, their own traditions, and their need to survive, the Vaulters may struggle. But they will not fade, or surrender.”
The art package which accompanies this announcement illustrates new Endless Legend artwork and screenshots featuring ‘The Vaulters’ faction. Along in the pack is also a cool faction card and is complemented with ‘the Vaulters’ introduction video. Download the full pack here. The new trailer is now also streaming on the Iceberg Youtube Channel.
Endless Legend is set for a Steam Early Access release early Q2, 2014. Visit the official Amplitude website to stay tuned to all the latest news http://g2g.amplitude-studios.com/Games/Endless-Legend
Story of Endless Legend:
Another sunrise, another day of toil. Food must be grown, industries built, science and magic advanced, and wealth collected. Urgency drives these simple efforts, however, for your planet holds a history of unexplained apocalypse, and the winter you just survived was the worst on record. A fact that has also been true for the previous five.
As you discover the lost secrets of your world and the mysteries of the legends and ruins that exist as much in reality as in rumor, you will come to see that you are not alone. Other peoples also struggle to survive, to grow, and perhaps even to conquer.
You have a city, a loyal populace, and a few troops; your power and magic should be sufficient to keep them alive. But beyond that, nothing is certain… Where will you go, what will you find, and how will you react? Will your trail be one of roses, or of blood?
• Explore legendary lands with one of the eight civilizations available both in single and multiplayer, as you adventure through seasons, striving to discover the secrets of Auriga.
• Expand beyond the unknown and send your heroes in every corner of the world to find mysterious artifacts to equip your troops, and assimilate powerful minor factions which will help you overwhelm your opponents.
• Exploit every opportunity by researching new technologies and magical powers while collecting Dust, luxuries and strategic resources tradable on the marketplace.
• Exterminate fools who defy you with a genuine combat system where terrain and your unit abilities are key to take the advantage over the enemy armies.
About Amplitude Studios
Amplitude Studios is an independent gathering of experienced video game lovers (and developers) with a single goal: create the best strategy games! Based in Paris, the studio boasts an international team that has worked all over the world. Developer credits include franchises such as Battlefield, Rayman, XIII, R.U.S.E., Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Call of Juarez, Might & Magic Heroes, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes, and others. Working closely for years with communities of players to share, discuss or compare ideas, the whole team has the dream of bringing the idea of GAMES 2 GETHER one step further. Help us accomplish our goal to bring a brand new way for players around the world to participate in the creation of a video game! Read more at http://www.amplitude-studios.com.
Play it Cool!