Date added: 15/07/2014 Starpoint Gemini 2 brings new gameplay trailer and pushes new Beta update
Haarlem, The Netherlands – 15 July 2014 – Little Green Men Games, developer of eagerly awaited space sim/RPG title Starpoint Gemini 2 (PC), is actively implementing and adding new ideas to expand the Gemini universe. They have announced yet another content update today, thanks to the extensive feedback from the community.
The update comes with a brand new gameplay trailer. Download the new gameplay trailer here.
Some update highlights are:
•Explore the all-new nebulas and use special new Gas collector equipment to mine their riches.
•Traders rejoice! The frequently requested Best Buy-Sell overview is now available. Plan your trade runs and gain experience at the same time.
•Gemini becomes a more lively place - Encounter battles and other "events" on your travels
•All new micro-event system can change a routine task such as landing on a station into something new. You never know what will be waiting for you, once you're ready to go back into space.
•Numerous bug fixes, feature tweaks and performance optimization
Read the full change log (V.0.7019) of the update here.
Starpoint Gemini 2 is currently in Beta stage on Steam’s Early Access program, and publisher Iceberg Interactive is prepping the game for a September 2014 digital and boxed release.
About Starpoint Gemini 2
In this sequel to Starpoint Gemini, players will captain their own space ship and roam the galaxy in 3D in this tactical space simulator with tons of RPG depth! Space has never looked so inviting - but images can betray... It has been two years since the end of the second Gemini war, and the situation in the war-torn system is further from resolution than ever before.
•Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat.
•Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps.
•Use T-Gates, wormholes and rift ways to travel faster around the Gemini System.
•Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a power struggle, with over 100 commodities to trade or plunder.
•Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options.
•Hire mercenary captains to follow you on your travels and share your fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical).
•Random missions get generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances.
•Over 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with, amongst other things, visible turrets, and a large arsenal of heavy weapons to blast enemies to pieces.
•Direct ship controls create complete immersion.
•Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology
•Enables modding through Steam Workshop
# # #
About Little Green Men Games
LGM Games is a team of highly motivated and talented programmers, writers, 3D and 2D artists, and animators sharing the same passion for video games. LGM Games made their first appearance in the gaming industry in 2011 with their debut title Starpoint Gemini, a space-flavored RPG sim.
Play it cool!
Date added: 10/07/2014 Now you can betray your friends in Lords of the Black Sun
Crafty 4x space game gets multiplayer in Beta 2.0
Haarlem, the Netherlands – 10 July 2014 – Publisher Iceberg Interactive announces today that their upcoming 4x space strategy game Lords of the Black Sun (PC), currently in Beta on Steam’s Early Access Program, has received a major new update, including the addition of multiplayer. Players are now able to forge in-game alliances with their best pals, or squash them with a galactic onslaught, in this original turn-based strategy game.
Take a look at these brand new screenshots of Lords of the Black Sun to get a glimpse of what awaits those who dare enter the cosmos here.
Important update notes:
• Intelligence screen enlarged. The window is significantly larger, showing more information and bigger and less cluttered text.
• First playable version of the Multiplayer. Expect bugs and possibly crashes. Anything you can report on that side would be greatly appreciated. It is currently LAN and Internet/IP only, but it is planned on implementing Steam Lobbies to make matchmaking easier.
• New Technologies and ship parts, as well as a rebalanced military tech tree.
• Improved combat mode and several bugs fixed that were introduced in the last build.
• UI changes/improvements: Now selecting a planet will indicate how much you can profit from trading with it, as well as how much others can profit from trading with your planets.
• Tentatively fixed several crashes related to beta 1.1.
• Some general bug fixing and overall balancing and polishing in several areas of the game.
For a full list of changes please visit the official Steam community hub here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/246940
Mike Domingues from Arkavi Studios says: "We at Arkavi are pleased to announce the release of a brand new beta build. As always, we've been listening to the community's feedback and we made significant progress since the first beta and will continue to work hard to make the great space 4X game we and the community want until the release."
In Lords of the Black Sun you take command of one race to join the struggle for supremacy in the galaxy. As the leader of your empire you are tasked with exploring the stars, colonizing new worlds, managing your empire and conquering whoever dares to oppose you. Within a framework of turn-based strategy and turn-based combat, Lords of the Black Sun endeavours to differentiate itself by allowing players to beat their opponents by using Generals, diplomacy, intelligence, trading, or plotting the downfall of enemies by financing wars against them or aiming to cause anarchy.
Get your Early Access version of Lords of the Black Sun right here on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/246940/
• 8 major races each with their own ship designs, technologies, unique traits and unique abilities, meaning playing with each race is a different challenge and offers new ways to approach the game.
• Big, living universe: In addition to the major powers, independent races and pirate clans also claim the galaxy as their residence; their existence can be an annoyance, or a blessing if you can take advantage of them.
• Deep economic and political layer: War isn’t the only way to weaken your rivals. Diplomacy, intelligence and trade can be one of many powerful tools that, if used properly, can be very effective as well.
• Tactical turn-based combat.
• Create and customize your own ship designs.
• Generals: These unique and powerful units evolve as they battle and if used well can be the difference between defeat and victory.
• Randomly generated universe, tech tree and units: You will never play the same game twice.
• Empire shattering: Unrest might lead rebels to start a civil war which in turn might lead to the creation of a new, independent empire that might grow to rival your own.
• Plotting: Secretly finance a war against your rivals in order to weaken them or prepare a surprise joint war along with your allies in a bid to destroy that frighteningly fast growing empire.
• Human-like AI that doesn’t cheat and plays by the same rules as human players, while presenting a constant challenge. Or play with your friends in hotseat mode.
# # #
ABOUT ARKAVI STUDIOS Arkavi Studios is an independent game development company, founded in 2013 in Leiria, Portugal. We are really passionate about what we do, putting our heart and soul into every game we make, and making the games we would like to play.
Play it cool!