Date added: 06/09/2013 Through the wormhole with Starpoint Gemini 2
Space sim/RPG Starpoint Gemini 2 to launch on Steam Early Access today
Haarlem, The Netherlands – 6 September 2013 - Videogames publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer LGM Games are pleased to announce that their space sim/RPG game for PC Starpoint Gemini 2 will become available today on Steam Early Access. Starpoint Gemini 2 will finally give gamers all the answers that fans of its predecessor Starpoint Gemini (2010) have been craving for, will show off amazing graphics and is now fully in 3D.
“We are thrilled for our launch on Early Access today“, says Mario Mihokovic, CEO at LGM Games. “Starpoint Gemini 2 is, for a significant part created taking fan suggestions and improvements for the original game in mind. Now we have a chance to show our players how far we have come in implementing both our ideas and theirs in this much enhanced sequel. The new feedback we will receive through Early Access will be invaluable in finalizing our vision for this new venture in the Gemini system.”
Developer LGM games will take players on a new breath-taking journey and is now looking for feedback on the new game. Gamers interested in playing and sharing their experiences are invited to join the discussion via the Steam Community Hub.
To give gamers a first glimpse into the new Gemini universe a teaser trailer has just been released and is streaming on the Iceberg Youtube Channel here. An exclusive screenshot pack accompanies the trailer and can be downloaded here.
Starpoint Gemini 2 is available at a discounted Early Access price of $19,99 / €18,99 plus players will also receive Starpoint Gemini 1.
About Starpoint Gemini 2
Captain your own space ship and roam the galaxy in 3D in this tactical space simulator with tons of RPG depth! Space has never looked so inviting - but images can betray...
It has been two years since the end of the second Gemini war, and the situation in the war-torn system is further from resolution than ever before. The collection of freedom fighters named Gemini League is now reduced to a small group, with no power or influence, after losing their leaders. The Empire meanwhile, has used the re-opened Starpoint to occupy the once renegade Gemini sector - and beyond.
A multitude of Imperial warship fleets and mammoth mother ships have crushed every trace of opposition. The situation was looking bleak, when they suddenly halted their armada and re-shifted their focus on fortifying Starpoint with staggering numbers. Rumors soon spread that they were afraid of something coming after them through the T-gate, from what was supposed to be the core of the Empire. What are they running from that makes even the mighty Empire tremble?
- - Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat
- - Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps
- - Use T-Gates, wormholes and rift ways to travel faster around the Gemini system
- - Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a power struggle, with over 100 commodities to trade or plunder
- - Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options
- - Hire mercenary captains to follow you on your travels and share your fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical)
- - Random missions get generated depending on the player's actions and allegiances
- - Over 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with a.o. visible turrets, and a large arsenal of destructive weapons to blast enemies to pieces
- - Direct ship controls create complete immersion
- - Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology
About Little Green Men Games
LGM Games is a team of highly motivated and talented programmers, writers, 3D and 2D artists, and animators sharing the same passion for video games. LGM Games made their first appearance in the gaming industry in 2011 with their debut title Starpoint Gemini, a space-flavored RPG sim.
Play it cool!