Teaser trailer and Coming Soon page now live on Steam
Haarlem, The Netherlands – 3 February 2016 – Publisher Iceberg Interactive, renowned for its impressive stable of space and sci-fi titles, has signed the Publishing Rights to ‘Dawn of Andromeda’ (PC/Mac/Linux), a massive real-time 4x space strategy game, to be released on Steam’s Early Access Program this April 2016. Created by new kids on the block, Grey Wolf Entertainment, Dawn of Andromeda will bring a hugely fun, immersive and accessible experience that allows you to truly play as an emperor.
Mike Domingues, CEO of Grey Wolf Entertainment says: “We have been keeping Dawn of Andromeda under wraps for quite some time and are delighted to now reveal it to the 4x commmunity. We are equally pleased to have the perfect publishing partner in Iceberg Interactive, publisher of some of the very best titles in the 4x space strategy genre in the past decade. Their expertise in this genre and know-how will be very important in ensuring thatDawn of Andromeda reaches its full potential and will help to bring a great game to every 4x space strategy fan out there.”
The official Coming Soon page for the game is now live on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/427570, allowing interested gamers to ‘wishlist’ the title. For more information, please visit the official website www.dawnofandromeda.com.
About Dawn of Andromeda
Be the emperor!
Andromeda has seen quieter days, and it’s up to you to take the reins of one of many civilizations and guide it through the myriad dangers hiding in the galaxy. Build your empire, colonize new planets, interact with other factions and characters, research new technologies and build fleets so powerful, your enemies will tremble.
Explore a galaxy filled with diverse factions, outlaws, merchants, pirate clans and mercenaries but also anomalies, black holes, ancient artefacts, ruins and much more. Arriving in a new system may provide new opportunities or open up Pandora´s Box.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Explore, expand, exploit and exterminate in this real-time space strategy game, featuring real-time combat in a dynamic and ever-evolving galaxy.
- New factions and characters can join the fray mid-game; artefacts, ruins, anomalies and a huge variety of fascinating elements are scattered throughout the galaxy and can yield new research opportunities. Various characters such as outlaws, merchants and others roam the galaxy.
- Asymmetric gameplay. Not all races discover space travel at the same time, some may have yet to discover it, some may have already built a mighty empire, and some races may be naturally stronger than others. However if you’d rather prefer a traditional 4X experience and start an entirely symmetric game, it’s up to you.
- Pre-designed, customizable and randomly generated races, each with their unique backgrounds and traits.
- Accessible gameplay, featuring a highly-intuitive User Interface.
- Eras; unique scenarios, each with a pre-designed galaxy and background stories which you can play as one of the existing factions, each with their own victory conditions, traits, challenges and ongoing conflicts and relationships.
- Choose between researching pre-fabricated or randomly generated ship designs, or alternatively research and discover ship parts, allowing you to create your own unique ship designs from them.
- In depth diplomacy system. Create or join coalitions, make allies and enemies, but beware, each action you take can change how the rest of the galaxy will view you. Destroying an entire planet, or just praising or denouncing another race, can have a deep impact on the balance of the entire galaxy.
- Reduce micromanagement by appointing governors to your colonies and council members to your empire, all of whom can be leveled up. Each come with their own unique traits, happiness and experience.
- Multiple, customizable victory conditions, which can even be set to vary for each faction, making for unpredictable friends and foes.
About Grey Wolf Entertainment
Grey Wolf Entertainment is a small company based in Leiria, Portugal. It’s made up of ambitious and dedicated individuals who share a strong passion for videogames, and an equally strong passion for creating great videogames. Grey Wolf’s first title is Dawn of Andromeda, an ambitious space 4X strategy game due to be released in 2016.
Play it Cool!