Developers Adding Chinese Language in Beta Branch
Haarlem, The Netherlands – 21 October 2016 – Highly regarded 4x turn-based strategy title Oriental Empires (PC), available on the Steam Early Access program, immerses players in 3000 years of Chinese history. After a highly positive reception, the game continues to receive regular updates, greatly improving all aspects of the game, including siege mechanics, battles, economy and play balancing.
For details on yesterday’s big update, please refer to the changelog in the Steam Hub.
Furthermore, an important feature on the roadmap has been accelerated, due to community pressure, and players are now able to opt into a simplified Chinese version of the game. In order to access the Chinese version of the game, players must click their right mouse button on the game in their Steam list, select properties and click BETAS. From the drop down menu, select chinesebeta and the Chinese version will be downloaded automatically.
Development of Oriental Empires continues apace, and developers R.T. Smith and John Carline have more in store for their growing community in the upcoming weeks, including the hotly anticipated multiplayer mode.
The game is now available in Steam’s Early Access Program at $29.99 http://store.steampowered.com/app/357310. For more information regarding Oriental Empires, please visit the official website at: www.orientalempires.com.
ABOUT ORIENTAL EMPIRES
Step into the world of the ancient Orient. Control a city or tribe from the dawn of Chinese history, and turn it into a great empire. Develop your land, create great cities, raise huge armies and fight epic wars. Advance your technology, culture and religion to create one of mankind’s great civilizations. All the action takes place on one spectacular game map that brings to life the mountains, forests, plains and deserts of China. Zoom in close to review your troops and see your peasants toiling, or zoom out for a strategic overview. Plan your battles, end your turn, and then watch as your armies obey your orders, with hundreds of soldiers battling right on the game map.
- Start out as a single nation or tribe, starting from humble beginnings with a single settlement and expand your empire and develop your culture with the aim of becoming the universally recognized Son of Heaven and ruler of the world
- Persuade the other factions to recognize you as such by either military force or by diplomatic persuasion
- Play as one of 16 different factions each with their own special bonuses or penalties
- Large scale battles with hundreds or thousands of soldiers, depicted in detail right on the game map. Watch skilled armies and reinforcements go to battle, according to the battle orders and formations set by the player
- Fully animated 3D models, with variations in face and clothing for each model, including infantry, cavalry, chariot and artillery units, as well as naval forces
- Long seamless zoom range lets you step right into the game world or zoom out for a strategic overview
- Develop your settlements by constructing buildings and developing the landscape around them, build markets and ports to enable trade by land and water
- Elaborate research tree including technology as well as cultural, philosophical and religious developments
- Many other elements will determine the outcome of your quest for dominance such as Leaders, Sieges, Unrest and Rebellion, and Authority and Culture ratings
- As Emperor, set edicts, laws and decrees to balance power and move into a glorious new Era, with new technologies and military units that change the game