Cart is empty
Date added: 26/04/2013 StarDrive is powering up for Launch!
Haarlem, the Netherlands- 26th of April 2013 - After a very successful Steam beta period, the hugely anticipated indie production “StarDrive” will go live on Steam later today. StarDrive, developed by Zero Sum Games and published by Iceberg Interactive, is being hailed by critics as the new benchmark in the ‘4x space strategy’ genre, with strong emphasis on ship design and combat, and exceeds all expectations a player might have for a 4x strategy game (even pausing to make it turn-based).
Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder says: “We have been overwhelmed by the volume of pre-orders and buzz around the beta release, which goes to show how much 4x fans have been craving a title such as StarDrive to fulfil their ultimate 4x dream. After many months of developer dedication, QA and community input, we are now extremely happy to deliver the final product to market. StarDrive is going to be a living thing, that we are committed to keep fuelling with support, updates and upgrades.”
Zero Sum Games CEO, creator and project lead Daniel DiCicco says: "Creating StarDrive has been an incredible journey for me. I am grateful to everyone who has contributed to this project and to the community who has supported it so well. The release of StarDrive does not mark the end of development. Rather, it marks a new beginning. StarDrive is a living product and we intend to support and expand this game for many years to come. Have fun!"
The StarDrive Steam page will appear here: (http://store.steampowered.com/app/220660/) later today.
The global digital release of StarDrive on all other portals will follow on April 29th. The boxed version of StarDrive will have its release in European retail stores on May 24th . For more information please visit www.stardrivegame.com or visit the official forums.
What the press is saying:
- “StarDrive is quite an achievement, a stunning beta filled with so many interweaving features that I think it would be a 4X strategy fan’s dream.” - MashThoseButtons.com
- “StarDrive is coming together to be a more than competent RTS/4X with lots of depth, breadth, and customization.” - PCGamer.com
- “Pretty much everything that old-school 4X players have come to expect is here...” - GameRevolution.com
- “Real-time space opera is looking good in beta.” - IGN.com
- “StarDrive is showing every sign of being a confident, in-depth addition to the 4X canon.” - IncGamer.com
StarDrive sets a new benchmark for the ‘4X Space Strategy’ genre. Starting with a single planet and a small number of space-worthy vessels, you must venture forth into the galaxy, conquer new worlds, build new colonies and defend your very existence against those who would take what is yours. How you play is your decision. Use diplomacy or brute force. Trade, spy and research you way to galactic domination. Make friends, or create mortal enemies… StarDrive takes a modular approach to ship design, allowing the player to create custom ships where the composition and placement of ship modules really matters to the performance of a ship. In combat, if your portside armour is taking a beating, then rotate around and show them the starboard side! Hide behind a friendly capital ship’s shields; warp into and out of the fray, launch fighters, lay mines, and so much more.
• Real time gameplay with a seamless zoom from a grand strategic view to close-up action view
• Choose from 8 beautifully rendered alien races or design your own to lead into the stars; interact, negotiate and forge allegiances on your way to victory
• Expand your empire and colonise all kinds of planets, terraform and populate them and build them into specialised centres of trade or industry
• Explore the rich universe that comes alive with random events, remnant elements, hidden treasures, deep space terrors and late-game threats
• Create custom fleet formations and set rules of engagement in the easy-to-use fleet editor
• Research and unlock an array of new technologies to improve your military and industrial technology
• Control your ships with classic real time strategy commands or jump into the fray by taking direct ‘arcade’ control of any ship in your empire
• Create your unique ship designs with the modular ship design system and determine your own fate in battle
• Deploy ground troops from orbit to defeat the enemies’ last planetary defences in ground combat
About Zero Sum Games
Zero Sum Games is based in Portland, Oregon, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest region of the United States. We are an independent studio with a small and dedicated team possessing a broad and diverse set of skills. Our mission is to deliver hardcore PC games to gamers looking for depth and challenge without sacrificing aesthetics. In design and execution, we follow the craftsman’s code: measure twice, cut once. We hope you enjoy our games.