Distinctive Comic Style Sci-Fi 4x Strategy PC Title to be Shown at Gamescom 2016 Before Next Month’s Early Access Release
Haarlem, The Netherlands – August 11, 2016 – Iceberg Interactive, the publisher well-known for its love of sci-fi games and 4x strategy titles, today announces that their brand new PC space strategy game, Stars in Shadow (PC) will be launching on September 15, 2016 via Steam Early Access and other digital platforms. The game marks the first title for the Canadian development studio, Ashdar Games, and long-time fans of the popular 4x genre will not be disappointed.
Stars in Shadow is a turn-based 4x strategy game set deep in space featuring seven playable factions, comprised of six different alien races. Offered in a highly distinctive comic-book art style, Stars in Shadow draws players into its galactic universe with an immersive backstory. By competing with alien factions, exploring nearby star systems, developing colonies and empires, and much more, the galaxy can be unified through either diplomacy or by force – the choice will be left entirely up to the player.
- Unique hand-drawn comic book art style
- Turn based 4X space strategy featuring turn based fleet combat. The tactical system allows starships to do battle using a wide range of different weapons and abilities
- Seven playable factions comprising six alien races. Choice of faction will determine tech and research opportunities initially available. Forming alliances, conquering neighboring species, or discovering ancient artifacts may open up additional avenues of research
- A vast range of different planet types, each with their own lore. The most prized worlds are those that hold artifacts from civilizations that vanished long ago. Map sizes up to 85 star systems. Each star can have up to 10 planets
- Manage a growing empire. Balance the competing priorities of research, growth, and ship building and decide the fate of those alien species that come under your control
- Galactic Politics: Of the playable alien species, three are “young races”, reaching out into the galaxy for the first time. The remaining three are “old races”, survivors of a terrible war fought in the distant past, they still hold to their ancient grudges. Races will impact which world will be most suitable as well as alliances and trades offerings
- Advanced settings such as Random events and NPC factions, including pirates and marauders
Iceberg Interactive will be conducting hands-on demo appointments for Stars in Shadow during Gamescom in Cologne, Germany next week. Key members of both the Iceberg team and the development team, Ashdar Games, are available for interviews throughout the week as well.
*To schedule an appointment and/or interviews, please contact the Iceberg PR team at Iceberg@oneprstudio.com.
ABOUT ASHDAR GAMES
Ashdar Games is a small development studio based in British Columbia. Stars in Shadow will be its first title. The project is a collaboration between two avid strategy gamers, Sven Olsen and James (Jim) Francis, both of whom are excited to have a chance to create a game in the genre that they love. Sven’s background is in academic computer graphics, while Jim is best known for his webcomic, Outsider.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. Garnering attention with acclaimed releases over recent years, including Endless Space, Endless Legend, StarDrive and Starpoint Gemini 2, the company has an exceptional current line-up, including Oriental Empires, Dawn of Andromeda, Lord of Rigel, Killing Floor 2, Starpoint Gemini Warlords and Starship Corporation – with further promising games in the pipeline.